Lots of things have happened since I last filled you in. Some have been really significant, others not so much. But here’s a run down of what went down,
1. On Friday I spent the day with the sister missionaries from my branch, and basically we’re best friends now. It was a really cool experience and I really felt the love of God for others and the spirit was really strong at times. My chronic awkward also flared up a couple of times, but the sisters just rolled with it, and I didn’t scare them away. I was really blessed to have that opportunity because for a while I’ve been thinking about serving a mission and that day showed me a little bit of what it would be like.
2. Yesterday one of my good friends left for his mission! I can’t express how proud I am of him and I know that he’s going to be an amazing missionary! Plus, he’s going to one of my favorite countries in the world…. BRAZIL! (I’m not going to lie but, I really wanted them to win the World Cup!) I hope he has an amazing time and brings others and himself closer to Heavenly Father.
3. On another note, there’s only one working shower on my floor that 16 girls have to share. It’s kind of rough. Luckily I take showers at odd times like 6:53 in the morning, when no one is awake. The other shower is “closed for cleaning” but I haven’t seen any cleaning going on. The shower head and some other parts are taken out of the wall and that’s about it.
4. My phone broke. I plug it into the charger and it doesn’t charge at all. The struggle is so real for me, but luckily I might be going home this weekend! Maybe my parents can help a struggling child out!
5. My Political Science class and test got canceled today! I was doing the review last night and literally all of the answers were “A” and I got a little concerned. Apparently the same thing happened when my professor printed out our actual exam, so he just cancelled class, not that I’m complaining. Now I get to study for my two other quizzes today.
6. I have to go to the Financial Aid Office and have an “adult” talk to get more money. College is weird because all of a sudden I have all of these responsibilities that I didn’t have a couple of months ago. On top of making sure I study, I have to balance my social life. I don’t have to ask to go out with friends. I don’t have a curfew. I don’t have to tell anyone where I spend my money. But at the same time, I have to make sure I money to pay tuition. I have to balance my budget and make sure I have enough to buy what I need and I have to manage my time better. It’s kind of crazy in a good way.
7. I’ve decided that I want to explore the arts a little more. I’ve been really into photography and poetry and I think I’m going to dig a little deeper into it and see how I like it.